Tuesday, September 15, 2009

EWMIGAH!!!!!

BEFORE YOU READ THIS POST: I have to establish two things -
1. I am not yet pregnant
2. I am a natural-born organizer and planner

With that said:
I have searching far and wide, high and low for the PERFECT fabrics for Ellie's Big Girl room. I have decided that on her 2nd birthday (in February), we're updating her into her big girl room.

Most people keep their 1st child in the nursery and their 2nd child in the next bedroom. Again with my planning, WHEN we get pregnant again, we want the baby in the current nursery and Ellie to move to the other bedroom. Here's the reasons for keeping the nursery as-is for baby #2:
  1. The furniture is already in place
  2. The fence of the backyard encompasses the nursery window (where the other bedroom faces the street)
  3. The windows in the other bedroom are HUUUGE and it gets extremely bright in there.
So - I figure, we haven't decorated the other bedroom so we may as well decorate for Ellie's big girl room. I also figure, if we have a second girl, there is zero work to do in the nursery. If we have a boy, we'd have to re-do it anyway.

OK - now that the explanations are out of the way - I want Ellie's "big girl room" to be fun, bright, not too kid-dy but not too sophisticated. I love turquoise, light pear green, yellow and corral-y pink together. LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND TODAY -----


Obviously seeing the entire line is a little overwhelming - there are only a couple of prints that I can't wait to get when it comes out in October. I will be sure to post the progress!!!!

P.S. I'm a little torn between this line too - it's a very close second:


If nothing else, I've found some amazing fabrics for some super cute clothes for Ellie!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment