Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ellie is TWO!!!

A couple of weeks ago (during my un-intentional blog-fast), my sweet girl, Ellie turned TWO!!! We had a few friends over for a simple party - Jon made balloon animals for the kiddos. Ellie was SO cute and SO polite - she made me proud!

Her birthday was February 8th - This year, it was FREEZING. I knew I wanted to have a welcome up the sidewalk and wanted Ellie's help. We didn't get much done on the welcome because it was SO COLD!!



I found this SUPER cute wreath idea on one of my new favorite blogs, Tartertots and Jello.

I made this wreath the morning of - it only took me about 30 minutes!! Tutorial Here.

Total cost for the wreath = $4!


Our food and cupcake table (y'all, those are homemade red velvet cupcakes with homeade cream cheese icing and they were DELISH - thank you, Pioneer Woman!):
Jon thought of using the cookie cutter for the "2" cheese - wasn't that cute?!




I always like decorating chandeliers at parties and showers. It just seems to complete the space. I used one of Ellie's tutu's and some ribbon. (One of my girlfriends is making a bow for Ellie with this turquoise paisley ribbon - I love it)



And finally, here's my sweet two-year old with her friends! Nani and Grandpappy (Jon's parents) got her the wagon. She's riding with her best friend, Noa.


Happy birthday, Ellie! You have made these two years so joyful for everyone that knows you. I look forward to what this next year will bring you and I'm excited to see how God blesses you!

3 comments:

  1. I love your wreath that you made! So creative! and happy birthday, Ellie! She's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute wreath! cute blog and adorable little girl!!

    ReplyDelete