Monday, February 22, 2010

4 months later...a new post!

So - yes, it has been 4 months since my last blog post. What can I say? I'm a workin' mom, with not a lotta time!! But I DO want to get back on the bloggin' wagon - so here I go!

I found something today that totally inspired me to post - screenprinted pillows. I love them! They're just the right mix between vintage, antique, shabby chic, modern, and original.
I recently saw this room at Pottery Barn:

There are two things I love about this room:
1. How easy it would be to transition color in and out as your taste/seasons change
2. Those pillows!

(For my personal preference, I think this room is pretty bland - I would personally love some wall color, window treatments, different rug, and punchier pillows in the mix)

I couldn't find the "Nest" pillow on PB's website but I'm pretty confident that it would be way more than I'd want to spend on a couch pillow.

So, check out these alternatives! Not only are they a dead ringer for the Pottery Barn look above, they are also a handmade piece of art for your home AND much easier on the pocketbook!

1. QUEEN BEE SHABBY CHIC PILLOW CASE - $16.00 SaSeaBoutique

2. Merci Pillow - $12.99 Pillows by Tamilyn

3. Paris Document Pillow - $27.00 Word Garden

(I actually think I may purchase these - for only $35 bucks you get two whole pillows! Target can't even beat that!)
So that's my inspiration for the day - I love, love, love this look.
As I begin Ellie's "Big Girl Room Extreme Makeover," our living room and second bedroom will also be getting a facelift to accomodate the furniture rearrangement! I'll be sure to post pictures - you'll probably see some of these pillows on my couch soon!
I have some SUPER cute pics of Ellie to share from the weekend - I'll save those for tomorrow!
xoxo,
Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment